Saturday 28 June 2014

Spinning Finsheep Fibre


I though I would do a post today about what I have been spinning.....



Dark Brown/Black Finsheep Roving



So this is the finsheep roving in a beautiful dark brown/black.....
I love spinning with this finsheep roving.....

And this is what I have hand spun so far.....


Hand Spun Dark Brown/Black Finsheep Roving

Hand Spun Dark Brown/Black Finsheep Roving

I am trying so hard to spin as thin as I can and trying to stay consistent.....


Dark Brown/Black Finsheep Roving Hand Spinning into Yarn
 As you can see I like to pre draft my roving first, before I start spinning.....

Dark Brown/Black Finsheep Roving
 This Finsheep roving is ever so soft.....

Close up of my hand spinning on a drop spindle
 My hand spinning on a drop spindle is not perfect.....

Close up of my hand spinning with a drop spindle


Well that is my hand spinning that I have done so far.....

And here I have handspun 25g Finsheep fibre.....


25g Finsheep Fibre
 My spindle is now full of wonderful finsheep handspun yarn.....

Spindle full of handspun Finsheep fibre 25g
I think I would like to ply this.....

 I have only been spinning since the middle of April this year.....
It has been love at first spin since discovering spinning,  I really did not know how addicting it can be.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...